Sunday, November 27, 2005

The weekends always fly by too quickly. It's the way of nature. Mind you, the weekdays fly by too. Everything these days is on the fast train. Just yesterday the kids were born and now the oldest is almost 10 years of age. where does time go?
Other then our own human historical archives the "one above" keeps everything in storage as well, through the human soul which captures everything through the human eye, ear and taste. It's a theory which I've heard before and other then that, wont expound on it further.
Acrross from me, the dog sleeps all day on a warm chair in the living room. He lets out little wimpers and gasps. His eyes seem half closed. He definetly has a good life in this household according to the homelss guy who begged me to sleep on the dogs couch.
Winter feels like it as settled in for good these days. The cold is present as you open the house door and the way people are dressed definetly is a reminder that 'i better dress warm too'. It's hard to muster at times that we are in winter. I guess it is denial for some of us because with all the heavy clothes it does feel like a burden at times just to get dressed when you know that in most parts of the world people are walking half naked now and just having a ball out doors! It's the 'grass is greener on the other side" theory which always sounds good to most of us. I actually believe that
"where we are is where we make the party happen" . That's always been my philosophy. I remember clearly in my early University days how we would arrive at a party and someone would always say, 'it's not happening here, let's move on.'
I would always disagree and retort, 'well, let's make it happen.' or "i'm staying"
Now a days, I have no patients to go out as often. Once or twice a week is enough for me.
Besides, the faces are different in the crowd, they seem so wanting, 'searching kind of faces' looking for a meaning. At least that's the impression i get from people these days. It's the faces of post 911 walking the streets looking for guidance, for a mentor, for someone to tell them please do not worry, this is the way to salvation. But all that is crazy cuz it is only a placebo, a short escapism to another 'dead-end'. Bono, that lead singer from that Irish band U2 are in town this weekend. He is on a mission to save world poverty. He meets up with politicians and tells them to cough up tax payers money to help third world countries in dire-straights. He's got a different message to the people then most rock stars . A different message cause from what I remember, Rock stars generally tell fans lines like : Hey, montreal, good weed...right on...party on" Now, in retrospect, I'm trying to weight which lines have a better impact or a more positive message."
In all fairness, I do not know. That is my honest opnion on the matter. Mind you, teaching third world nations how to be autonomous is a good start.

No comments: