Friday, November 11, 2005

TGIF!...For months now I've wanted to open a "Schmelvis Spiritual Music Centre" where children/and young adults can come into a warm and hospitable place and just hung out/ learn guitar or jam or study Torah. A place to chill, a place to grow the mind with the right "Kavannah" & "Derech-Eretz". If anyone would like to help set up such a center then, by all means Email me through my website.

These days, and actually for a long time I'm living without the video games and without the TV. My mind is on the 'clean' channel & I'm rebelling I've had enough of that authority box that drains the brain. The sit-coms & the late shows and the LA laws and the reality crap shows they feed us to the 'hit' box which sits in our living room, which occupies precious space, drains the mind of creativity from millions of viewers and turns us into 'couch potatos'. What keeps us there tuned into the TV realm is pure 'pop-cultural' habit & 'laziness'. TV is so easy to absorb but the danger of TV is that it also becomes a dangerous voice of authority especially to kids. The commercials brainwash and the shows are way to violent. Enough of that for now...hehe...

I'm presently learning new songs on the guitar and just adding repertoire for the next up and coming shows. It is so nice to still have semi-mild weather in almost mid November. Oh yeah, Today is Veterns/Rememberance day: a day to remember the soldiers who fought and the men who fell for our freedom....Soldiers I salute you...I'm off to walk the dog... I wish everyone a Shabbat-Shalom & a great weekend.

No comments: