Thursday, November 10, 2005

Nov10/05

Tuesday night (Nov.8th) we played Reggie's Pub @ Concordia University. We showed up late because Mike the drummer didn't get out of his recording studio in Old Montreal till 9:30pm. None of the guys have a car & so of course I had to pick them up;reminding me of Elvis's song "hound dog" and that still today after all these years i'm "nothing but a schlepper"...the song run threw my brain the whole way to the gig. We arrived at 10:15pm and set up as quickly as possible. We were on right after 'hockey Night' and thank G-d the Canadians won cuz people were in a relatively good mood. We started the first set at 10:40 with "that's alright mamma"...it felt like one of my worse nights. The sound or voice was not heard thru the monitors, I felt no rapport with the audience and the make shift stage was wabbly and moving space very limited. None the less, we enjoyed ourselves and the crowd enjoyed our good energy. Rachel, a Concordia student came up to me and introduced herself as Elvis Priestly's daughter. Elvis Priestly is supposedly an Elvis impersonator/priest or minister. I've never met him but heard of him through a British writer Charlie Connelly who recently interviewed the both of us back to back so there are no coincidences. Students started leaving around the second set. The beer is always good at Reggie's and cheap but that night for some reason they were running short on beer supply. We closed the bar down roughly around 12:30pm and finished with "Something", one of my fav. songs. We're back at Concordia Jan. 14th06. I'll keep you posted on up and coming gigs. TCB S:)

No comments: