Friday, November 18, 2005

This has to be the wackiest personal ad I've ever come across. It is obviously fasicious, full of hunger and represents a failure in the system by the person who placed it. Here it goes:
'I'm looking for a guy, preferably under 5', hairy from head to toe.... Please have at least 5 STDs and be "married but looking". It helps if you are a pathological liar or on welfare. Also, you are a complete slob, have stinky feet, and pick your nose.'
I walked by a homeless man today on my daily walk with the dog. He said; " I envy your dog, I would like to sleep on your warm couch, please bring me home." I was speechless and had nothing to say. He was right in one way; we regard pets or treat pets better then humans. Pets get more respect then humans. A stranded dog would be picked up immediately off the street and brought to a shelter where a 'homeless' would be left to rot in the street and until the sinews are not splattered all over the floor a thing would not be done. It's a fact! It happened here in the city a few years back when an older young was left to dies outside Vendome metro and no one called 911. Everyone thought 'someone else would call' or 'someone already called already' or 'I do not want to get involved.' But if it was a strayed animal, don't ask! Right away that poor thing would be looked after.

It's been a few days since I last wrote here. I missed you guys. I missed the audience. Truth is I've been under the weather. Something is going round; must be the train!
Have a great weekend-Shabbat Shalom!!!!

No comments: