Friday, November 18, 2005

I tried to hung up the guitar for good a few years back and just concentrate on giving my life to the children and the day to day task of making a living in an office like every other Tom, Dick and Harry out there working 9 to 5 like a responsible lad that we're supposed to be. Slowly and in a most creeping way I became agitated, aggresive and even a burden to the people around me. It was like i shot my own foot and then I realized that there is a void in my life but what is it? I stumbled on the question and didn't know why i was acting so offensive. The whole thing seemed a puzzle. Then it happened. I picked up the accoustic guitar again and started to strum a few chords and then like a guffaw of laughter i let out a singing note and then continued to sing a song I had not sung in years. It was something simple by the Beatles but yet magical as always. The act of sitting and singing again brought virtual tears to my eyes. I knew in mid song that this was the missing link and the cause to my anguish and acts of aggression. I knew then that i can never never never live without a guitar. The instrument can never be too far from arms reach. Without it, I am a misereble wretch ready to pounce and kill.
I'm Back! Yes he's back...F@#$% Eminem...whatever....so i'm working on new grooves and tunes and melodies and beats and singing and giging and singing and niggining and 'shwinging' with the Bob Dylan's and the pill'n and the thrill'n...
We got 5 sets down with the Schmelvis band ready to deal out. The weddings and parties and Bar-Mitzvah's and corporate parties. We're doing it in style. Loving it! So today's message is don't quit your day job but also don't put away the things you love to do artistically like music, writing, drawing, sewing...you get the drift and for those of you who are bored with nothing to do; go to your community center and ask to help out. Enjoy the snow.

No comments: