Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where is Humanity?
I walked by a homeless man today on my 'daily walk' with the dog. I thought he would ask for change but instead he uttered:" I envy your dog, I would like to sleep on your warm couch, please bring me home." "Hmm, something to ponder," It left me speechless and really nothing to say. But, the man was right in one way; we regard pets or treat pets better then humans. THese days, pets get more respect then humans. A stranded dog would be picked up immediately off the street and brought to a shelter or would be adopted where as a 'homeless' would be left to rot in the street and until sinews are not splattered all over the floor, not a thing would not be done. It's a fact! It happens here in the city quite frequently; a few years back a woman was left to die outside Vendome metro and people just walked by her leaving the authorities to deal with. But no one called 911, everyone thought 'someone else would call' or 'someone already called already' or 'I do not want to get involved.' Luckily, she was was taken to hospital a few days later and survived. But if it was a strayed dog or cat, don't ask! Right away that poor thing would be looked after. So i ask:"What is going on?" and
"Has humanity lost hope in humanity?"

These days, in this economic 'meltdown' lots of friends of mine are felling the crunch and are pleasantly unemployed! This year for some reason, many people have been under the weather. There is 'something' going round;some kind of 'weird virus-infected flu-bug'that is just causing havoc! I myself have been busy coughing up half a lung for the lost few months and now i;m working on the other lung!

I wish everyone who has the flu a full recovery and a great Day!!!!
Have a great weekend-Shabbat Shalom!!!!

No comments: