Tuesday, December 20, 2005

To my good friend...
Man oh man...what a night it was!
First of all, yesterday was the 19th day of the month of Kislev. A Chassidic Holiday which marks the celebration of the Alter Rebbe who on this day was released from prison. The story goes that in the middle of the 18th century The Alter Rebbe was incarcerated by the Russians because he sent money to feed poor jews in Israel. at the time the Turks ruled over Israel and the Turks were also enemies with Russia,
the russians thought that he was sending money to help the turks. PS...he ended up in Jail.
Later on the Russians realized that the whole thing was a bunch of BS.
Well, today we celebrate the release of the alter Rebbe from prison. Funny enough it is a day of redemption or a coming out of prison, out of exile and into salvation. So today also marks my redemption and what a celebration I had at 'Chabad house down town with Rabbi Mahn & a few good friends and I'm sorry you were not here but i missed you all. We'll have to drink some L'chaim's when you get here. I know you must have a pint near by so I'm not worried bout you...We drank "Wild Turkey" 101- bourbon. The stuff is great for those wild winterish windy nights when the snow blows and one thing for sure, that Turkey stuck hard to the bones and warmed me up real swell.

TCB.

No comments: